Berries, stone fruit, sweet corn, herbs, mangoes, zucchini, oh my! Sun is shining, and it’s amazing time of year to indulge in some amazing fresh produce, hang with people you love, and enjoy being in the big outdoors.
This information-packed guide contains:
- an introduction to phenology – the study of all that happens around you in nature each season;
- a field guide to some of the common butterflies which will spring to life in Summer;
- a market guide, to give you the tips to pick out the best fruit and veg this season;
- over 20 recipes using only seasonal produce, so that you can have the best flavour and nutrition that Summer has to offer whilst lightening your environmental footprint. Think smoothies, burgers, salads, desserts, iced teas…. gingerbread!
All recipes are:
- gluten free;
- low in sugar, using rice malt syrup as sweetener;
- easy, so you can spend more time having fun;
- encourage use of local and seasonal produce; and
Enjoy your Summer!
Watercolour elements in this guide were made by Angie of angiemakes.com, used with permission. The balance of material is copyright Lighten Up! and may not be reproduced in any form.